Cheese of the Week: Havarti
Rating: 9
Quote of the Week: "Mo! Mo cheese...peeeeeese!"
Rating: 9
Quote of the Week: "Mo! Mo cheese...peeeeeese!"
My cousin-in-law (is that what you call your cousin's husband?), Stryder, served his mission in Wisconsin and he recommended a cheese called "Party Havarti." I loved the name. It just sounds fun and delicious. So, I have looked for it and have been unsuccessful in finding it thusfar. (Although I intend to keep looking!) So, we decided to try plain Havarti cheese and we ALL really liked it. It is a mild cheese that is softer than cheddar, but harder than Brie. It tasted great on crackers, as well as on its own. The kids kept asking for more and I had a hard time stopping as well. :) We tried it on Sara's BBQ Chicken Cheese Sammies instead of Mozerella and that was delicious too. Thanks for suggesting a cheese that was a hit with everyone!
10 comments:
This is one I haven't heard of. You almost make me want to move to Wisconsin. I'm glad you liked it.
Yum! A real 9 huh? That's great!
Let me know if you ever find party havarti - it sounds like a party in your mouth!
Glad this was more sucessful than the blue cheese and the Gouda! I want to see party havarti post next week or bust!
I love havarti cheese. It is so smooth and creamy. I can't imagine what "party havarti" is, but it must be memorable.
Perhaps the "party" part of the name was just made up by Stryder or his mission buddies b/c they liked the cheese. Maybe you have already found your party harvati cheese!
I'm glad you found one that got a super high rating. I agree with Mom - You make me want to move to WI.
I love your post about the airplanes and target. I think we will have to try this. Our kids would love it and I would love that it is free.
If you have more activities like this please post about them. I loved it!
Hey, I have a GREAT idea. Why don't you bring some of that cheese over to our house and we will whip up something delicious with it and then we will both get what we want - you can have our cooking and we can have OUR FRIENDS BACK (WAAAAHHHHHHH!) I miss you. Bring your cheesey self back here NOW!
There's a character in the Harry Potter books name Pavarti Patil and I always think of Havarti cheese. :)
Post a Comment