Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in St. George

We are LOVING living close enough to Grandma Kay and Grandpa Ken that we can easily visit over a weekend and have determined to take advantage of that as much as possible over the next 7 months as that closeness of proximity is scheduled to change.
They were kind enough to allow us to come and spend Halloween with them and we had a terrific time. We met them at Texas Roadhouse on Friday night where they took us out for Jared's birthday (yes, it continues :) ). Then on Saturday morning Mom let me join her in her ward's Super Saturday. What a BLAST! I loved hanging out with Mom and the wonderful ward members of my home ward while making DARLING crafts. Thank heavens for "girl time." Then we all went on a walk and picnic together and ended the evening with Mom's traditional Halloween soup and trick-or-treating. Oh so fun. Craft #1 Craft #2 - Will become our FHE board eventually :)We are off on our walk on a beautiful, bright, sunny day.THIS is why MOM is in the stroller in the first picture. A certain little one wanted to push instead. :) What a beautiful view of the St. George valley. I love how the temple is so brilliantly white against everything else. Stunning.

A delicious picnic

Playing with Grandpa Ken
Playing follow the leader with Dad.
Pooh Sticks!!! Oh, the memories.
Two darling little bumble bees.
The bees with their bee keepers.
We always take pictures of our family first and then when it is time to take one with Grandma and Grandpa, the kids are tired and all smiles are gone. Darn it. Trick AND Treat!!!!! This is what Brielle yelled at the top of her lungs while lightly tapping at each door.So, so fun.


It was a long and wonderful day.

6 comments:

Blake said...

SO FUN!!! ShOnNa informs me that Brielle is starting to look a lot like you, Kristen, when you were little. What a lucky little girl! Thanks for putting up the pictures; it's so fun to see you guys!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I LOVE IT! Can I say that Bee Keeper would be a MUCH less painful job than parenthood, even if you were covered in honey and completely unprotected (can you tell I had TWO kids who FAKED sick today?) Uh huh.

Also - do you think your parents would mind if I came and lived with them - just until May or so. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for summer again. sigh.

Lara Zierke said...

oh, that makes me want to go to St. George to visit my parents! October in St. George is so nice. Before her kids were in school, my sister's family always went to St. George for Halloween because it's so nice to trick-or-treat without worrying about snowstorms and puffy coats!

Shonna said...

So who took that one family picture, you're all in it? I'm so glad you guys visit Mom and Dad so often, it would be nice to live close to be able to do that. You have such an adorable little Bee family. ;)

KaraLynne and Andy said...

I cant believe what a cute idea that is - bees with bee keepers - I love it. And in the end you get all the sweet stuff too. You guys looked so great.

Michelle said...

Oh, how I love ALL of these pictures; I feel like I experienced the weekend with you. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I miss seeing those cute little bees (and their beekeepers :) in person, but blogging is the next best thing. I really like your bee antenna, too, Lu. Super cute.