With these AMAZING families:
(We missed you Mike & Ann and Andy & KaraLynne!)
Fun before the Reunion started:
Reunion Theme: A Legacy of Faith and Sacrifice:
- Personal History of Mitch Mackrory
- Personal History of Carolyn Mackrory
- Courtship & Marriage
- Conversion Story
- Journey to the London Temple to be Sealed
- Emigration from Rhodesia to South Africa
- Emigration from South Africa to New Zealand
- Emigration from New Zealand to the USA
On the last night we finished with a beautiful slideshow that Cheryl created capturing in pictures the life stories we had just read. It was very touching.
Then, of course, we finished with a yummy dessert. :)
Gathering for our evening activity...cuddling cozily on the couches. Mmmmm.
Some of our DELIGHTFUL activities:
Hiking to Timpanogas Waterfalls: Sean starts off with a kiss from the 2 women in his life.
Hot Chocolate to warm us all up:
Girly Time:
Gingerbread Houses:
Watch those teams create: Lisa & Nathan (Sean helped a bit too...mostly sharing Nathan's job...eating the candy) and Brielle & Jared (I got to help a bit too).
And Cheryl and Luke
Um, Dad, that frosting looks really yummy. Can I have some?
Our Final Product
Sean, Lisa and Nathan's final creation
Nathan's contribution. Check out the styling on that yellow decoration. My personal favorite was the bright orange fire that they had blazing just outside their house (a pile of chewed pieces of orange gummy candy).
Cheryl and Luke finish theirs! Isn't it cute. We aren't sure which kid won the candy eating contest. Luke made a strong showing.
Nathan snitching from the final products.
Our Delicious Food:
Mom is snitching a taste of her delicious pineapple dessert. Yum!
Nathan and Lisa preparing the bananas for the fruit salad. (This is probably a good time to mention Nathan's crush on Lisa. He's gone over her. Who can blame him? Definitely not Sean!)
What can we say? The kid has good taste!
Dad was right there helping with every meal...even though it wasn't his responsibility. Thank you Dad!
Andrew shows some ingenuity in a method of getting the last bit of pancake batter out of the pan. Pretty impressive!
Enjoying the delicious Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pancakes that Cheryl and Andrew made. We ate like kings and queens THE WHOLE TIME: Pumpkin pancakes, lamb with mint sauce AND turkey with cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner, Cafe Rio tacos, and delicious eggs benedict with Dubliner cheese etc. etc. Can we say YUM!?!
Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanks to Lisa for the darling Thanksgiving paper plates.
(I was especially grateful as I was on dish duty! :) )
Happy Family
Cheese and crackers: another delicous snack provided by Sean and Lisa!
Starting the dishes. What great men. Thanks Andrew and Jared! They are even smiling.
I'm impressed Mom!
Brielle and Luke look SO much alike! We had a hard time capturing it on camera though.
The best cousin picture we could muster. Those are four delightful, but self-willed little children!
Movie Time!
Check out Mom on the Playground:
Cousins!!!!
We finished our Family Reunion at the Provo Temple where we were able to do family names. It was an uplifting and wonderful experience. The perfect way to finish off. Thank you everyone for coming. We LOVED having you and are already looking forward to the next one. Good luck planning it Mom and Dad!
One last picture before Grandma and Grandpa go. Thanks for coming. We love you guys!
14 comments:
This is dad Hinton.
What a wonderful blog. We love all those fun, cute pictures. It looks like a great time was had by all. We are so happy that you all had such a marvelous time. What a fantastic family!!!
Yipee! My first comment from Dad ever! Thanks Dad. What a happy surprise. We did have a wonderful time.
Can I be part of the Mackrory clan? Looks so wonderful...
I'm with Lara . . . That looks like quite the party! I'm glad that it went so well; great job planning it! What a neat idea - to record memories and put them in a book to read at night. That will be something the whole family can treasure forever! SO cool.
Wow! What a great reunion! I'm so glad you had a good time. I think Luke looks like Nathan. Look at the two family pictures . . .twinners! I can't believe you crammed so much in so short a time!
What is a Tim Tam straw?
It looks like you guys had such a great time there. We so wish we could have been there. The cousins would have had so much fun and craziness and girlie time looks great.
A quick answer for Kay first...
A Tim Tam is a chocolate cookie originally from New Zealand but very recently (the last few weeks) now available in the USA (Woo Hoo!). The Tim Tam is bitten off carefully on both ends and then one end is dipped into the hot chocolate and the other is carefully placed in your mouth. Suck and the soft inner chocolate center melts and allows it to be used as a straw.
I tried for 10 years to get a reunion going, so I am especially grateful to Kristen and Jared for putting this together. I dream often of the good times we had. Those who could not make it should know they were thought of often and toasted at Thanksgiving Dinner.
What a wonderful time it was; I just hope our next one will not fall too far short of the standard or excellence set this time!
Thanks to everyone - I loved all the photos and captions; thanks Kristen!
Hey Kristen, It has been forever. I ran into your blog through Julies...Your kids are adorable. Wow I cannot believe how big they are. How are you and your family? Good to see your photos! Hope all is well.
Holy cow! What an amazing reunion. The scenery is gorgeous and it looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love the girly time where you all fit your feet in the bathtub. ;) The Tim Tam straw sounds like a fun treat. And how lucky to get lamb with mint sauce as well as turkey with cranberry sauce. Sounds delicious! Another favorite--the bite mark on the gingerbread house--good work Nathan!
Way to capture the mood in pictures - I laughed all the way through - memories!!!
Wow!! That looks like a lot of work planning it... but a lot of fun!!
What great memories. Families - isn't it about time?
Post a Comment