Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of our precious little Brielle. Man, we love that girl! She is a joy to have in our home and we feel so blessed to have her. I will never forget that day, four years ago, when she joined our family and the miraculous joy and love I felt. And we have felt that way ever since. Not only is she blasted cute, but she is an obedient girl who wants to do what is right. She thinks about others and is a very good "share girl." She is my little helper taking care of Nathan or getting things done around the house. Often, if Nathan cries out or wants something Brielle will say "I got it Mom" and off she goes to comfort or help him. She spends many an hour taking care of her baby doll as well. She is such a sweet and thoughtful little "mom"! Plus, she is dang smart!! Her little brain is a sponge soaking up so much more than I ever could have imagined. She has been trying to figure out rhyming for almost a year now, often asking if different words rhyme. For a long time she would choose words that started with the same sound, but just recently she figured it out and she spends a lot of time rhyming now. Her favorite rhyme recently is "You make me laugh you silly, billy, killy, cally." She has also become quite the problem solver. When I say no to something, or when she runs into a problem of another sort, she is quite ingenious in coming up with a solution that will satisfy all involved. The little smartie! Today I asked her some of her favorites. Here are her answers (those without quotation marks favorites that I answered):
Color: "Pink and Green"
Food: "Macaroni and cheese, broccoli (yes, that is a HUGE improvement from the last couple of months), spinach with poppyseed dressing, and hot dogs"
Treat: "Ice cream"
Song: "I Love to See the Temple"
Scripture: Alma 37:37
Day of the Week: Monday (FHE day) and Wednesday (preschool day)
Hairstyle: Straight. She never wants me to curl it. Only recently has she started letting me put bows in it again.
Thing to do with Dad: "Go to the store"
Thing to do with Mom: "Play games"
Thing to do with Nathan: "Play with him"
Movie: "Cars"
Drink: "Warm milk and juice"
Book: "All books"
House: "Idaho"
Animal: "Zebra because of their stripey, stripey, like a rainbow. Black, white, black, white..."
Restaurant: "The grape restaurant" (Olive Garden)
Toy: "My kitchen" (although, I may argue that it is Baby Sara)
Pasttime: Looking at pictures and hearing stories of her past or about her family members...or any story for that matter.
We love you Brielle. Thank you for the joy you bring to us. Happy Birthday.
13 comments:
Happy Birthday, Brielle! I love you!!!
Happy Birthday Brielle! We like the grape restaurant too.
I actually came looking for the cake design you made for this birthday, but I'll have to wait I guess.:) Happy Birthday to a very sweet sounding (and looking) little girl!
Happy Birthday Brielley-Lou! We love you! I like her favorite animal quote, so cute. And I'm very impressed at the broccoli favorite, but I would also have to agree that broccoli is quite delicious.
Happy birthday Brielle. She sounds like she's as cute inside as out as my Grandma used to say ;)
Happy Birthday Brielle! Cars is one of my favorite movies too!
See - she likes her IDAHO house. You should move back. I know, I am pathetic. Anyway, very cute and happy birthday - but STOP GETTING BIG!!! She is just too wonderful. Like you.
She IS blasted cute. I love her random assortments of favorites. What a cutie.
That's a wonderful update - I am just catching up on things. I love the way she figures things out. Very perceptive!
I can't believe that Brielle is 4! What a cutie! And you guys are officially moving to Wisconsin?! That is cool! Don't forget about us though! We miss you guys! Jules
I love that little girl! Thank you so much for posting so often. It's so fun to still be able to interact in some way with your little family, even though we're so far away.
Happy birthday!! Amazing how fast time goes and how much they change your life!
I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^
Post a Comment