Monday, June 29, 2009

Bay Beach Amusement Park

We started off the day on Saturday with a trip to Appleton's Farmer's Market. I loved it. It is the best one I have ever been to. Plus I found the perfect pair of earrings to match a bracelet that my parents gave me. As we left the kids got to climb inside a police car and push the button to make the sirens go...Cool.



Then we went to Bay Beach Amusement Park. Fun:
Can you guess Nathan's favorite attraction? We're the caboose.Off we go. Chug a chug a choo choo! What a darling pair.Brielle was insistent that she wanted to ride the ferris wheel. Neither Mom or Dad were thrilled with the idea of going along. Dad kindly agreed. As they sat at the top of the ferris wheel leaning uncomfortably forward (because Brielle refused to sit back...if she sat back she wouldn't be able to see), Jared decided to share his true feelings with Brielle, "I'm a little scared. How about you?" Brielle answered, "No! This is fun! Wahoo!" She LOVED the whole ride!
The bugs. Both kids insisted, "AGAIN!" when we went to get them off of this one. The fighter jets!Nathan drives another train and gets to ring the bell.How does a three year old express her thrill and excitement? By strangling her younger brother.The teeter totter at the park was probably my favorite ride. With Dad and Brielle on the other side, we were just about perfectly balanced! Jared and I played for several minutes after the kids had had enough. Have you enjoyed the fun of a teeter totter lately? It had definitely been too long for us. We were laughing hysterically.

We spent that evening BBQing and chatting with the Bourneman's, a wonderful family that has been so kind to us since we moved here. We really enjoyed ourselves.

All in all, a great weekend...until Brielle ate ice cream on Sunday night that happened to contain pecans. After quelling her immediate allergic reaction with Benadryl we put her to bed only to be awakened at 11:30 to her awful cough...wait, she hasn't had a cough. After a worried analysis of the situation we discovered that she had broken out in hives and was swelling and scratching all over. A second dose of Benadryl calmed the cough and a call to the after-hour nurse with great instructions and a priesthood blessing for Brielle calmed our nerves enough for us to get a little rest. Today, a visit to the doctor. Next step...the allergist. I am so grateful for the prompting that got us out of bed and gave us the presence of mind we needed last night to handle the situation despite being exhausted.

12 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

What a perfect day.

Shonna said...

Wow! I'm so glad Brielley is okay, that is so scary. The amusement park looked like so much fun! I loved seeing the kids faces as they were so thrilled to be on all those rides. It sounds like Brielle feels she's invincible. I would've been scared on the ferris wheel too. ;) What a fun day!

Kay Hinton said...

I am so grateful our "every single day" prayers were answered. We pray every day for your safety and wisdom in parenting those little ones. I've loved studying the pictures. I love the one of Jared and Brielle- frameable! What a fun day- so, so fun!!!

Jamie said...

scary! did you already know she was allergic? Sounds like you guys have great weekend plans always!

Heather - said...

Wow, it looks like an awesome day...until Brielle's reaction. Did you know about her allergy? Thank goodness for prayers and priesthood blessing!!! I'm glad she's okay and you were able to get some rest.

The Freed Family said...

That must have been scary with Brielle. Is she allergic to all nuts & how did you first find out? It looks like you guys are always going places and having fun.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Glad Brielle is ok! I secretly wish I could push the button and make the sirens go too! I am a little envious!

Kay Hinton said...

I keep coming back to see this post. I love it. Especially the ferris wheel part. What, no WWCR?

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing. We'll have to get up there while my family is visiting this week.

We hope you guys have a great weekend.

Amanda said...

So glad Brielle was okay; it sounds very scary! Let us know if you need anything.

Mitch said...

First, I haven't been here for a while and it was too long! I loved Brielle and Jared's update to "Why you say that?" on 5/26/09.
I went cold reading about Jared and Brielle at the top of the Ferris wheel. I love airplanes, but being too high when attached to the ground scares me. I felt for Jared. Glad that Brielle is now well and that you are having tests to confirm what the problem was.
I love Nathan's face when he is sitting in the train next to Kristen. Absolute heaven!!
The teeter totter comment had me wondering. I had no idea what you meant. I eventually figured it out when you said Jared played as well. When we were kids in Africa, we called it a "See Saw".
Thanks for writing such nice blogs!
Now I need to read all about the Berry Picking - I know I am going back to front but I started at the top.
Love, dad/mitch

sara cardon said...

Cute pictures!!! I liked everything about the post but the scary part about Brielle's allergies. No fun!! Lucy has milk allergies, and it is really scary. Thanks heaven's for Benadryl!!